Saturday, January 22, 2011

A Day in the Life

Hi everybody! It's Liz. I know, don't freak out. Have you seen this painting by Norman Rockwell before? I love it. If I were rich, I'd buy it for the boys' room. I just thought I'd borrow the idea and give you a glimpse into my boys' world rather than a REALLY long catch-up post. Here goes.......


A day in the life of Josh:

Wake up and head outside. Help Dad shovel the driveway and sidewalk if there's been snow. Lately, it's been dumping.



All work and no play makes Josh a dull boy.




Head to preschool at Miss Kristi's and make some ridiculously cute craft that you'll demand to keep in your room for the requisite 3 months before finally forgetting you have it and not noticing that your Mom snuck it to the garbage. What?




Eat nothing off your lunch plate and make yourself a cozy bed somewhere in the house (under the crib, in a beanbag, on two kitchen chairs pushed together) just in time to fall asleep.





Wake up and play with friends - usually best friend Jonah. This box is a transformer. When asked what it transforms into, you reply "a box". duh.




Eat dinner. Your favorite being anything with sticky rice. Seriously, did it have to be sticky rice?





Have a bath. Make something to show Daddy. This is an x-ray. Run laps with Charlie around the house for about 20 minutes and then...





Fall fast asleep surrounded by your "creatures".



A day in the life of Charlie:


Wake up happy and eat twice the breakfast that your big brother eats.



Where does all that food go? Your hair?




Head outside to play with your brother. There's a rule in my house; nobody gets real snow clothes until they're at least 2 feet tall.




Play in Joshy's room and read books while he's in preschool. Yes...that is a jet pack 3000.




Play everywhere else and make big messes until Daddy gets home.




Eat dinner with the family (and again eat twice what Josh does) being very careful to use your best table manners.



No it doesn't matter how many times you ask. I'm not going to tell you what's on that finger.



Have a bath. Have a story. Run laps with Josh until you collapse in exhaustion at the very late hour of 7:00.



So there you go. I hope your homes are as dirty and happy as mine. Now I'm going to go collapse in my own bed.

4 comments:

Salty Gal said...

Holy smokers your kids are getting big! It's about freaking time you posted...I wonder about you a lot so it's nice to see what's going on and that your kids are growing up so big!

I love you lady!

love, Brit

Jolynn said...

Lizzy that was such a cute blog post! Good job. I love those boys, and the pics are so cute. Joshy reminds me so much of his daddy. Not so much in looks but the funny things he does and his energy level. I love his transformer box. And Charlie's hair!! And his chocolate face. Adorable. Keep 'em coming! (the pics, I mean.)

cassidy said...

I loved this post! It's so fun to see what Josh and Charlie are up to every day. The pictures of Charlie cracked me up. He's so stinkin cute. I like the one of him alseep with his feet sticking out the crib slats. Keep 'em coming! (the cute babies, I mean.)

Lexi said...

im so proud of you liz! i just love those boys. they are so cute. how funny that josh finds random places to sleep. i cant wait to babysit them soon!