Saturday, March 5, 2011

Nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh ... BATMAN!

So, my little Josh-bean is four. He said he wanted a batman party, so I did my best. Every kid that came got an official batman cape and tool belt. We decorated bat planes and had a bat plane throwing contest. We also bowled for bad guys (pictures of villains taped to 20 oz. soda bottles).





I was hoping that cupcakes would kill some time, but four-year-olds can down a cupcake in about 30 seconds it turns out. Note to self for the next birthday party.



Joshy got to open a few small gifts.





Then they flew out the door for a bat hunt. This was my favorite part, because they were running around so fast, their capes were billowing. They seemed to think it was fun as well.





Jake helped me create this tunnel into our "bat cave" out of butcher paper and our kitchen table. Upon entering the party, each kid had to become batman before crawling through our secret entrance. It seemed like a good idea at the time and Josh loved it, but I swear every kid bumped his head on the table going through and entered the party crying. Another note to self.





I'm not a master cake baker like some of you (Hill/Jolynn), but I hope to acquire the talent someday. In fact, this was my first round birthday cake ever. I had to go buy new round cake pans. And I thought I was pretty cool for free handing the batman symbol with a frosting tip. All in all I would consider the party a success. Josh was sooo happy and that made me really happy. However, I can't believe he's four ... that makes me just a little bit sad.

4 comments:

James the Bames said...

WHAT?! Joshy is four??? I swear that doesn't even seem possible. Time is really flying by.

The batman party looks like it was really fun for the kids, especially Josh. Reminds me of the fun bday parties we had as kids. Good job Liz, especially on the cake! Super cute.

By the way, did you get new living room furniture? I like it.

James the Bames said...

By the way, that was Cassidy, not James the Bames. I accidentally left him logged in.

Lexi said...

happy to josh-bean!! the batman party is awesome. its so josh to have a batman party.

Jolynn said...

That looks like a really fun party. I loved the bat cave, but laughed out loud about them all bumping their heads and crying!!! It just makes me giggle. Good job on a fun party Liz. I think your round cake was awesome.